What can I expect when you start the process with Osborn Photography?
The first thing we will want to do is sit down with you and mom (or dad) to talk about session details and answer every question you may have. The initial meeting typically lasts an hour and covers the following:
1) What would you like to do for your senior session? We want to get a good idea of the type of session you'd like to put together, so we can find the right package for you. In order to do this, we ask that you do an image search for "Senior Pictures." You can do that on Google, or you can search any number of hashtags on IG. There are the obvious: #seniorpics, #seniorpictures, #seniorpicturesunday, etc., but there are also some others that are good: #seniorstyleguide, #posepatch (it has more than seniors, but it's good), and #seniorologie. Take screenshots of as many as you like, but bring at least 12 to our meeting. We will ultimately ask that you send these to us, and some seniors find it easiest to create a Pinterest board that they can send to us.
2) What do you, and mom/dad, want for a final product? We do prints and digital images with a copyright release. Some people get one or the other, but most get both. We can accommodate anything you would like to have.
3) The contract. We will send you a copy for you (more likely mom or dad) to look at ahead of time. It's pretty standard, but we want you to have a chance to look at it before we meet so we can answer any questions that you might have. We don't pressure you to sign it when we meet, although many people do. Just keep in mind that we have a limited number of spots and they are first come, first serve.
4) Sessions/Packages. This is obviously the whole point of why we would get together, but we need to do the other stuff to know where you fit. We'll go over everything we offer and answer any questions that you have. We have everything from simple one hour sessions, to all day and multiple day productions. We're sure one of the biggest question you have is "How much is this gonna cost me?" If we could answer that here, we would. But the truth is, we need to have this whole conversation in order to know what it's going to take to pull off the session you're after.
We will tell you this: You're considering the BEST studio in the area - no exception. We do more than any other studio to make sure you have the best and most unique photos possible.
5) Schedule. Assuming we are a good fit for each other, we'll want to get you on the calendar and start your experience. (We promise, you're gonna wanna get started, too.) We'll book your "Rep Session," which is a free to you, early session to create images we can both use to promote the studio. That's why you're a rep after all. We'll also put you on the calendar for your full session to be shot Spring/Summer/Fall.
What happens after I book?
We will be in frequent communication with you as we approach your session. You will receive a packet from us going over all of the major questions you are likely to have as you prepare for your shoot. Things like tips on hair, skincare and makeup, wardrobe, accessories, diet and nutrition (yes, eating well will improve your skin and that really makes a difference), props, and even where you'll change outfits.
As you are thinking about your outfits, feel free to talk to Joey. Lots of seniors will send selfies, or even facetime as they are shopping to get feedback on clothing choices. Sometimes an outfit looks amazing on, but won't photograph well. We can help you make those decisions.
About a week out, we will begin to really nail down locations. We will have some good ideas on locations from our initial conversations, but trees and plants bloom, fields get mowed, and water level can change rapidly. So, we will scout locations in the final couple of days before your session and choose them based on how they look at the time we will shoot. If you don't have a firm location until the day before, don't freak out. That's typical. But, if you do start to freak out - for any reason at all - just give us a shout and we're more than happy to calm your nerves.
What can I expect the day of my session?
Well, we can't tell you where we'll end up. That is going to be dictated by what you want to do. We've been all over the place for sessions, so plan on having an adventure. As far as what we expect from you: just show up. Everything else is up to us. We'll take care of posing, including your awkward hands (cue Ricky Bobby), making sure your clothing and hair are on point, and even the minute details of your facial expressions. Also, while we certainly take our craft seriously, that's where the seriousness ends. We love to have a good time. We usually do a lot of laughing and joking. So, plan on a chill, relaxed time. Whatever you do, don't stress this ahead of time. It's going to be a blast.
What about after my session?
You'll get an email from us with a link to your proof set and instructions on what to do from there. The email usually shows up within a couple days. We like to have them out same day, but that doesn't always happen with 3 little kids running the household. You'll have 2 weeks to choose your favorites, and then we'll get to work on all the retouching. (If you haven't yet, hit the Client Ed page for details about that.) After we're done, we will send you copies for you to review and approve as final. If you get prints, we'll get your order. If not, we will send you the digital copies and you'll be all set.